Fuenteseca Reserva Extra Anejo 2008 8 Year Old Tequila 750ml
Fuenteseca Reserva Extra Anejo 2008 8 Year Old Tequila 750ml

Fuenteseca Reserva Extra Anejo 2008 8 Year Old Tequila 750ml

More from Fuenteseca Tequila
skuhwg500
ShippingCalculated at checkout
MSRP:
$263.98
  • Description
  • Reviews
The availability of this product is limited and subject to change.

This autumn lot was distilled in November 2008, with 80% of the tequila distilled in copper double-column stills and 20% distilled in alembic copper pot stills. After marrying together over a fifteen-day period, 85% of the run was stored in American white oak previously used to age California red wine, and the remaining 15% barreled in used dark French Oak. The casks were then stored for 8 Years, at 3,800" elevation, in the town of Tequila, Jalisco in a cool-climate subterranean storeroom. Master distiller Enrique Fonseca has determined that 43% ABV is the optimal proof for this enticing 8 Year bottling.

The Fuenteseca 8 Year bottling displays a light copper tone and has a rich, oily agave viscosity. Aromas of peaches and cut grass evolve into marzipan and faint banana. At first sip baking spice flavors of dry clove and star of anise are followed by an almost creamy semisweet woodiness that evolves into a soft green-pepperiness with earthy agave notes. The finish reveals a host of compelling new aromas carried by a moderate residual acidity...green olive, jackfruit, papaya, tea...a remarkable complexity that keeps unfolding.

86 Proof